Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ruth- Fires fly?



Where are the people that accused me?- The ones who beat me down and bruised me. They hide just out of sight. Can't face me in the light. They'll return, but I'll be stronger. God, I want to dream again. Take me where I've never been. I wanna go there. This time, I'm not scared. Now I am unbreakable. It's unmistakable. No one can touch me. Nothing can stop me. Sometimes it's hard to just keep going, but faith is moving without knowing. Can I trust what I can't see to reach my destiny? I want to take control but I know better. God, I want to dream again. Take me where I've never been. I wanna go there. This time, I'm not scared. Now I am unbreakable. It's unmistakable. No one can touch me. Nothing can stop me. Forget the fear. It's just a crutch that tries to hold you back and turn your dreams to dust. All you need to do is just trust. God, I want to dream again. Take me where I've never been. I wanna go there. This time, I'm not scared. Now I am unbreakable. It's unmistakable. No one can touch me. Nothing can stop me. God, I want to dream again, take me where I've never been. I wanna go there. This time, I'm not scared. Now I am unbreakable. It's unmistakable. No one can touch me. Nothing can stop me.

If you haven't figured it out yet, this is a song. Unbreakable by Fireflight. I was listening to it one day. Then, I listened to the acoustic version. It was amazing. They remind me of a band that most all of my friends like called Flyleaf. Flyleaf is more rock Christian, but I wondered if Fireflight was too. And, no, just because they say "faith is moving without knowing" doesn't mean they're automatically Christians. It's very interesting to hear different types of music and feel the power in every single lyric the singer or singers sing. Maybe you hate this band and don't give a shit, but then why would you be reading this? Hah, got you there.

I do want to tell you guys some stuff. Well, tonight, I'm going to have my first all-nighter with my brother, Ben. It should be fun. That means, though, that'll probably be on the computer all night. So, I might be making more poems and finishing up some stories. Anyone who is staying up too, just tweet me. We can chattt. :) Alright, I think that's it. Thanks, everyone.

OH! Almost forgot! Here's Unbreakable regular version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umVl0Mb7CsU

And here's the acoustic version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncCkFmcLfvo

Be sure to tell me which you like better. Also, Stand Up, the regular version and the acoustic version, are also very good songs by Fireflight.

Wells, bye.
Love ya,
Roof.

3 comments:

  1. I started reading this, and was like "I've read this before"... I love Fireflight AND Flyleaf! And I totally agree with you, some lyrics don't determine whether an artist/band are Christian or not.. faith is such a universally accepted term, it doesn't mean you're automatically Christian! But yes, I love this post! :)

    ReplyDelete