Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kayla-The Cold Hard Truth Last Part

This is the last of my story The Cold Hard Truth. I have two endings for it, and I would love if people would comment and tell me what they thought of the story and which ending they liked more. Thanks for reading this, and if you comment, double thanks. (:

Happy endings are majorly overrated.

My dad, Officer Greggory, looked surprised. No, not surprised, he looked floored. He couldn’t believe that I had found out his dirty little secret. Little did he know that I knew this whole town’s dirty little secret. It didn’t take a lot of digging under the surface to realize what it was.

“How did you find out?”He asked me quietly as if he was afraid that somehow through the thick walls of the small interrogation room that someone would hear the best officer in town’s secret.

“Isaac and I would spend most of our days digging into our background. We knew we had a mother and father, we just didn’t know who it would be,”I answered with a grim look on my face. We hadn’t just found that out,”And imagine our surprise when we found out that our father was the town’s best officer, and that he had sex with the town’s craziest crazy.” My father looked like he was about to puke.

“So you knew your mother was,”He let the sentence trail off, not wanting to finish it. I finished it for him.

“Was crazy? Yes, we knew, but we didn’t know how crazy she was till we went and visited her. She didn’t even know we existed, did you know that? She said that for nine months she had been with the aliens in some private ward in the hospital. Were you the aliens? Did you lock her up?”I questioned him angrily, I could feel myself starting to snap.

“It was for her own damn good! She would have hurt you kids! We knew that, it was why she was put into a private ward,”My dad yelled at me, trying to get the point across. Too bad I still wasn’t finished, so I didn’t listen.

“I was different though, right? That was why grandma always kept a shorter leash on me? Because I was different than Isaac. I have what mom has! I have it,”I yelled back at him with all the strength that I could possibly muster. My dad quieted. I was right. There was something wrong with me. I was destined to be the town’s next loony. “What did mom do to get put there?”I asked my dad. He shook his head, and I asked again louder.He finally answered.

“She killed her brother,”My dad muttered quietly. It ran in the family, the craziness did. It was always in the girls though. The girls always had it. The boys never knew what happened till the last moment. I hid what I had found from Isaac. I knew what would happen, and I knew I wouldn’t be able to control it.

“Isabella, what happened to your brother?”My dad asked, and I let out the craziest laugh in the world.

“I killed him. I just snapped completely. He was in his room playing that damn Guitar Hero game so loudly, and I couldn’t take it. I just couldn’t take it anymore, so I went to the kitchen and got a knife. I walked to his room and stabbed him. Stabbed him so many times that I finally lost count, and you know what? I had a grin on my face the whole entire time,”I said and watched as my dad looked disgusted with me. I smiled at him and sighed contentedly,”You don’t know how good it feels to get that off my chest, dad.” My dad’s face twisted into anger.

“You are no daughter of mine,”He then ran out of the room, slamming the door behind him loudly. I laughed, and laughed, and laughed.


Six years later. Ending number one.

“Have you heard?”The old woman asked the group of ladies at her table that were all playing Canasta.


“Heard what?”One of them asked with mild interest.

“That girl that was put away for murdering her twin gave birth last night,”She said with cheerful smile, she loved being the one to bring up new gossip. Immediately all the old ladies started laughing and talking to each other about the news. They all had forgotten about the woman who was older than all of them sitting at the edge of the table with a grim look on her face.

“What was the sex?”The oldest woman asked the bringer of the news.

“There were actually two. A boy and a girl. Can you believe it? She gave birth to twins!”The woman replied gleefully. This immediately brought smiles to their faces at the new realization. The old woman who had asked stood up quickly from the table and started to walk to the phone when she keeled over, dead. But none of the women had missed her last words.

“It has started again.”


 1 year later. Ending number two.

“Isabella, you have a visitor,”A voice roused me out of my thoughts, and I looked up to see my partner in crime. They smiled at me, and sat in a chair next to the one that I was in. I had been in the damn mental hospital for a while now, and I swear that it was driving me more insane than I was.

“I was wondering when you would come,”I said as I smiled at them. They patted my knee gently.

“Patience, dear. I had to wait till it wouldn’t be suspicious,”They answered and I nodded.

“So you see? I was loyal to you in the end. No one knows that you were the one that killed Isaac, they all think I did. You better be glad that my mom had that mental history, other whys the story would have been harder to convince people,”I said with a grin as I felt like I had done a fantastic job.

“You were wonderful, I’m so glad you were loyal to me, Isabella,”They said with a smile.

“No problem, Ruth.”

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... I was wondering what kind of disease or sickness was that... :/
    But I loved the first ending :)
    My overall impression is, that even though its composed of 10 parts, it didn't bore me, every part was interesting and makes you want more and more until you reach the end. I liked the fact that you finally revealed where her mum was haha so no character was left out. You did a great job and I'm looking forward to more mind-confusing, unpredictable stories from you. :)

    ReplyDelete