Saturday, June 12, 2010

Kayla-The Cold Hard Truth Part 2

This is part 2 of The Cold Hard Truth. Part 1 should be somewhere among the posts. Just look for "Kayla-The Cold Hard Truth Part 1." Enjoy this and make sure to criticize or praise it.

Death is something that will happen to all of us in the end, if only we could all wait till we are 100 years old.


As I screamed I heard the guy on the phone for Papa Johns say,”Hello? Anyone there? We don’t like these types of pranks. Damn kids..” He then hung up leaving me screaming to an empty house. If only I could say this was a prank. If only I could call the guy back and apologize to him for being such an immature kid, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t do any of those things because I couldn’t even stop screaming. I just kept screaming and screaming and screaming like maybe Isaac was just asleep and he needed me to wake him up. But Isaac wasn’t asleep. He wouldn’t have blood all over him if he was asleep. I know what I should have done at that moment. I should have called 911, but I didn’t. I instead walked over to my brother’s now dead body. His light blue eyes that were a mimic of mine were open wide, and I could see the fear and surprise in them. It was horrible. I reached out slowly till two of my fingertips were on both of his eyelids. I then moved his eyelids down to where they were now closed to the world and would now forever stay that way. I realized that I had stopped screaming, but I was now crying. My vision was so blurred that it looked like my twin brother was just a red blur. A dark red blur. I covered my mouth with my hand as I ran back to the bathroom and threw up everything that I had in my stomach and then some. I kept throwing it all up until there was nothing left, and I was just sitting there with my head resting against the toilet seat as I cried and cried. After what seemed like a long time I crawled over to where my phone was at the entrance of my brother’s room. I took my time to notice his room with all it’s band posters, clothes strewn about carelessly, candy wrappers and soda cans everywhere, and last but not least, my brother’s dead ripped apart body on his bed. His hand looked like it was reaching for his cell phone which was resting on the top of his dresser next to his bed. I choked as I realized how he had tried to save his own life, but he had been too late. Oh, Isaac. Tears were still running down my cheeks as I reached for my phone and dialed the number I should have dialed as soon as I found him. I listened to the dial tone before I was met with a complete stranger’s voice,”911. What’s your emergency?” I cleared my hoarse throat and said with tears in my voice,”My twin brother Isaac has been killed.”

2 comments:

  1. Even though this part's really short for me, the elements are still there. Amazing work. :)

    ReplyDelete