Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kayla-The Cold Hard Truth Part 5

This is part 5, as you can tell by the title. I hope you enjoy it.

Ghosts are something people rarely believe in. They like to believe that their loved ones don’t stay around for awhile, but what if they do?

I always used to record the news on my DVR, so when I was searching through it I of course found the news from the day my brother had been murdered. Without giving it much thought, I started it.

A pretty women who appeared to be in her early thirties came on the television screen in a pink suit. Her face looked serious as if what she was fixing to say would ruin the whole world, but I knew it was something that ruined my world not everyone else’s.

“Our beloved town was struck with sorrowful news today. Isaac Northfield, 15 years old, was brutally murdered in his home this morning. Isaac’s twin sister, Isabella, and his grandmother were also in the house when the murder took place, but they say that they never heard a thing.”

My mouth set in a hard line as my anger boiled. She made it seem like either I or my grandmother had murdered him! How dare they accuse us of such things! They don’t even know the story!

“Isabella, turn off the damn thing, won’t you?”My grandmother yelled from her room upstairs. We still lived in our same house, but we weren’t allowed to walk into my brother’s old room. I don’t know why they think we would want to anyways. I turned the television off like she said and stood from the couch. I walked up the stairs to my room slowly savoring every step as if it was my last. Once in my room I turned on the lights that weren’t even needed as the bright sun shone through the curtains over my window. I looked to the full length mirror hanging on my wall. I was wearing a black dress that went to my knees with little straps. I had put on a black cardigan over that, and my shoes were black as well. My blonde hair shone out from all the black that I had on. Today was my brother’s funeral. Today my brother would be buried with the rest of the dead. I gave myself one more glance before walking back down stairs to see my grandma in all black as well with her cigarette already lit. My brother had been killed four days ago. Four long days without my twin brother’s jokes and smiles. I missed him more than I ever thought I would if he died, and so did my grandma. She pushed me out the door and to the car. I sat next to her and played with my fingers as I stared out the window at all the things my brother would never see again. The car ride to the cemetery was short, and we made it there before anyone else. My grandmother walked over to the man that ran the cemetery, and I searched for my brother’s tombstone. I sighed softly when I found it in the ground with the name Isaac Daniel Northfield on it. I sank to my knees not caring if grass stained my dress and I traced his name with my finger tip. The wind blew softly and my hair lifted off my shoulders. I looked up from the tombstone and I was staring at a ghost that was currently pointing at me. His wounds were all over his body, and his skin was deathly pale while his lips were blue.

“Isaac,”I barely managed to murmur out before he appeared closer to me, his finger still pointing at me.

“You killed me,”My dead brother’s ghost said with anger raging in his eyes

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, there's not much to say here, its just amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete