
Our fingers interlock perfectly together, Kasey Kerry thought to herself. John Green's hand was in her's. They were strolling down the sunny beach. Their feet were covered in sticky brown sand. In Kasey's other hand were her white flip-flops she wore to the beach. John's other hand lights teased Kasey's back, pulling at the straps of her bikini lightly. She smirked at him. His hair was as red as the sun setting in the distance. His hand reached up to let down her long, chestnut locks from her tightly pulled ponytail. Her hair flowed around her shoulders. John smiled at how beautiful she was. They walked down the huge beach known as Santa Monica. The sun fell over the tall mountains. Kasey and John looked at each other in the dark. They tightened their grips on each other's hands and walked back to Santa Monica pier. Kasey was thinking about her best friend, Jonathan Lawerence. He passed away in a car accident last year. Kasey still got choked up thinking about it. She missed him more than anyone. He always helped her with dates and went shopping with her. Yes, he was gay. This is California, Kasey thought, who isn't? She stifled a laugh, gazing over to John again. Well, not me, she thought. She grinned at John. He grinned back, playfully pushing near the water.
"No!" she exclaimed, half-mad, half-laughing. "This dress is really expensive, John!"
He chuckled. "I'll buy you another one. An expensive, light blue one," he said.
Kasey pondered this for a moment as he kept pushing her slowly. "With shoes?" she joked.
"Anything you want, babe." He pushed her chocolate locks around her the left side of her neck and lightly kissed the right side. Kasey stood there, waves skimming to her feet as she thought. It's just a dress, I guess, her mind told her. It's a dress that Jonathan picked out, another voice shouted out at the other. That's right, Kasey thought. Jonathan picked it out for me. So, the voice said, he picked everything in you wardrobe.
John sighed. "It's okay, Kase. Just wanted to do something fun."
He slowly let go of her hands and started walking again.
"John," Kasey called, biting her nails.
John Green turned around. "Yeah?"
"You know that Jonathan picked this out for me," she started slowly, kicking at the sand in front of her.
John's eyes widened. "No. No, I didn't babe. I'm sorry. I didn't know."
"He picked out all my clothes," Kasey continued.
John nodded. "Okay," he said, impatient for her to continue.
"So, getting one wet would be okay, right?" Kasey said the words in her head as slowly as she said them aloud.
John's mouth moved into a huge grin. "Right," he said, running over to her. He pulled her into the water.
And my cat just sat on my arms so I can't really write anymore. LOL.
"No!" she exclaimed, half-mad, half-laughing. "This dress is really expensive, John!"
He chuckled. "I'll buy you another one. An expensive, light blue one," he said.
Kasey pondered this for a moment as he kept pushing her slowly. "With shoes?" she joked.
"Anything you want, babe." He pushed her chocolate locks around her the left side of her neck and lightly kissed the right side. Kasey stood there, waves skimming to her feet as she thought. It's just a dress, I guess, her mind told her. It's a dress that Jonathan picked out, another voice shouted out at the other. That's right, Kasey thought. Jonathan picked it out for me. So, the voice said, he picked everything in you wardrobe.
John sighed. "It's okay, Kase. Just wanted to do something fun."
He slowly let go of her hands and started walking again.
"John," Kasey called, biting her nails.
John Green turned around. "Yeah?"
"You know that Jonathan picked this out for me," she started slowly, kicking at the sand in front of her.
John's eyes widened. "No. No, I didn't babe. I'm sorry. I didn't know."
"He picked out all my clothes," Kasey continued.
John nodded. "Okay," he said, impatient for her to continue.
"So, getting one wet would be okay, right?" Kasey said the words in her head as slowly as she said them aloud.
John's mouth moved into a huge grin. "Right," he said, running over to her. He pulled her into the water.
And my cat just sat on my arms so I can't really write anymore. LOL.
This is really cute :) Is this part of a whole? I'd like to hear more. Also, I legit lol'ed at that end part haha
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, it will go on. Why shouldn't it?
ReplyDelete