Thursday, June 10, 2010

About Our Voices Aren't silent [PLEASE READ]

Hi,

So, I'm Meghan. Yeah, I'm a teenager like you, wanna get down to the dirt? I'm 15 as of may 31st. It was a great birthday if you ask me. But that's not the point about this. I was recently rejected from writing for someone and when I got the email I saw I wasnt the only one. Over 100 people applied and only 7 got it. Well, I'm not one of the seven as i said.

But what if there was a place for all the rejecties to write? So that's what I started and maybe other people will come and write on it .

Heres what you need to do.
- One, Post at least once a month if you can't please get someone or something to post. But don't think I'm liminting you to at once a month, you can write everyday that month
- Two, Well, Brandon brought a vaild point 1,000 words is a lot . But I feel I would like some nice long post cause It just pointless in my mind to have these short posts. So take aleast 400 words? Sorry to all who pushed 1,000 but I love your posts.
- Three, I don't care what you write about just write something use the format.
- Four, Please as your first post post a bio just write about you kay?

FORMAT:

Name- what your title is
[example - Meghan- Media age]

Always sign off with your name

anything else is free range



Hope you all feel like joining,
Meghan
itsmeggiemayy@aol.com

12 comments:

  1. When I got the email I think I just about cried. I think this is an excellent idea. Unfortunately I'm at a friends house right now so I'll have to do all this when I get home, but thankyou for this. <3 - Austyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made you cry? That's a honor, well I can't wait for your post Austyn :) Have fun at your friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan, I actually think this is a good idea. But I hope you understand that I couldn't let 100 people write on my blog. If you have a grudge against me because I didn't choose you, then that's kind of ridiculous.

    By rejecting you, I didn't claim for your voice to be silent, or unimportant. And my blog isn't the only blog in the world. I'm glad you decided to create your own, and I'm sorry you weren't chosen, but life must go on.

    With that being said, I'll give you some helpful advice. 1000 words per post is asking for a lot. In fact, by the 500th word, most readers will fall asleep, most likely. 400 - 600 words are the ideal length of one blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon, I don’t feel that you silences us in anyway. I just like the title, I do like the fact that you took the time to recognize the fact that my post are gonna be long. I feel as a writer that 1,000 words just gets a point across better and gives detail which I feel I dont see enough in blog but that is just me. I don’t feel a need to put a limit on it but as you can tell I would like quality writing.

    Please, dont feel like this is geared in anyway against you. I was just talking the time with people who applied with a passion for writing to be in a collaborative blog. I don’t feel in any way really “sad” about being rejected from your blog cause well I have my own. And really picking only 7 gave me others to pick from and really a place people can express

    I will take your advice but Like I say that is how I feel.

    Thank you for taking the time to post a comment

    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  5. And no grudge here . I still read your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I feel as a writer that 1,000 words just gets a point across better and gives detail which I feel I dont see enough in blog but that is just me."

    A wise man once told me (my English teacher) that a piece of writing should be long enough to get the point across. No more, no less.

    I've noticed that your writers are struggling with the 1000 word requirement and have even said themselves that they'd like for it to be lowered.

    I'm honestly just trying to help you.

    But like I said, I'm glad you didn't let the rejection keep you from writing. Everyone should let their thoughts be known.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brandon , I didi lower cause not everyone can sit down and pop out a 1,000 words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meghan, thank you so much for lowering it. I was going to really struggle to get out 1,000 words when I posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this. I felt sort of like a bad writer after I wasn’t accepted, but we are all talented writers and this is an amazing opportunity for all of us. Thanks for creating this blog, really, you’ve made my day. I’ll be posting ASAP! Thanks again hun <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kayla, I know what you mean but I really like the lower thanks to brandon.

    COntagious, I cant wait for your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brandon; I mean no disrespect in asking this, but, what exactly were you even looking for in your writers? Because from what I've seen, it just makes me think that you looked for the people who used big words to make a point, rather than someone who used simple, ordinary words to form an image. Either way, your blog is amazing.

    Meggie; Bajeezus, I missed you. Thank you for deciding to start this blog. It was a simply fantastic writer. And, like some others, I did feel a bit rejected when I got the email that I wasn't accepted, although, I wasn't expecting to be. But now, I do feel like I have a chance to move up a little more, and that just makes me love you more. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete