Monday, June 14, 2010

Kayla-The Cold Hard Truth Part Four

This is part four of The Cold Hard Truth. I hope that everyone likes it, and actually wants me to keep going with it. So comment or criticize. Thank you.

Trust is like a piece of paper. Once it’s crumbled, it can never be right again.

I stared at the policemen after he told me the of how they thought my brother had been killed. I looked to my grandmother who was in such a state of shock and denial that all she could manage to do was shake her head back and forth. My heart lurched for her, and I wished I could unhear what she just been heard for both our sakes, but I couldn’t. Life doesn’t have an undo button, unfortunately.

“It c-c-ouldn’t have been a f-f-riend of I-isaac’s. Everyone l-loves him,”My grandmother managed to stutter out. The present tense of love didn’t make it past mine and the policeman’s ears. I saw his face contort slightly when she said it. We both heard it, and we both decided not to correct. Who would correct someone that just lost a loved one?

“I’m sorry, ma’am, but it can only be a person that was a friend of Isaac’s,”The man said with a definite considerable amount of sorrow. I applauded him on his efforts, but those were soon forgotten as the coroners pushed my brother’s dead body on the gurney down the stairs and right past where I was. He was in the bag that all dead bodies are carried in. Other people’s loved ones have been in that bag before, sure they clean them out, but you can’t take away the imprint of someones dead body being in it. It’s just too much to take away. My grandmother had noticed the gurney as well and she made a small choked sound. The policemen abruptly stood up and almost kicked the coroners out the door.

“Stupid idiots. Shouldn’t they know better by now?”I heard him mutter to himself as he slammed the door shut. I turned on the couch to see out the big glass window behind us. I could see the ambulance in all it’s glory parked in the drive way. Neighbors and news reporters covered the lawn, all of them trying to make it past the yellow tape so they could pry into our lives for their own sick pleasure. My stomach had enough for the second time that day, and I covered my mouth before running to the downstairs bathroom and emptying my stomach of all its contents for the second time today.

4 comments:

  1. I'm really curious about the italicized words there, if you made them all up, then I'm amazed. But I started to notice that after every post, it gets shorter and shorter. Still, it has a great story though. :) Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete