So this is my second post. It's my on-going story on Tumblr. It's going to be in parts, so read it and then comment pretty please.
Love is like water. Always there in some way or another. It’s all around us, yet it’s so hard to see….
As I finished typing those thoughtful words into my old as dirt computer, who I creatively named Holga, I felt the tiny pinpricks of tears in the corners of my eyes. Love was always a hard topic for me to write about due to all the times that I had metaphorically had my heart ripped out of my chest and crushed in the palm of a guy’s hand. You would think once in a while I would learn to stop letting them do that, but I was a sucker for love. I was pretty much love’s bitch through and through, and love proved that time and time again. I pressed the ‘Create Post’ button on the bottom left hand corner of my screen and my website was brought up as a preview of everything I had just written. I used my light blue eyes to criticize my writing before I pressed the ‘Create Post’ button again, and my writing was now out there for all my viewers to read and also criticize. As if I didn’t do enough of that on my own time. I switched Holga off and stood from the creaky old chair that I had owned for almost five years now. Unfortunately, it looked way older. It was one of those rolling chairs that people usually have near their computer. It was a dark green and black one that had so many stains on it that it didn’t look anywhere close to the dark green that it had so long ago been. I walked to the bathroom that I shared with my twin brother Isaac. We had twin sinks and a huge mirror to share. Only one shower and toilet though which was the only downfall of the huge white bathroom. Isaac was currently in his room playing his obnoxious Guitar Hero game that he had gotten off of Ebay. He had been playing the stupid thing for over 24 hours now. I knew that because I had been up for over 24 hours listening to him. He was apparently getting better, but I didn’t see it.
“Isabella!” My name was yelled by my even older than dirt grandmother from all the way downstairs where she was supposedly making dinner though I knew she was smoking her cigarette and playing Canasta with all the other old ladies who had come over. The dinner was now left to whoever would fix it which would ultimately be me.
“I’m coming!” I yelled back with a sigh as I changed into something other than just an over-sized t-shirt that said Harvard University on the front. My older brother, Aaron, was a genius who had gotten a full ride to Harvard. He was apparently going to be something huge, so he of course made time to buy his younger sister huge t-shirts to sleep in. I put on a pair of light blue jean short shorts and brushed out my long, straight as spit blond hair till it was tamed before splashing some water onto my face to make it appear that I was at least a little awake even though I was far from it. I then dashed out of my room and down the stairs to see my grandmother doing what I thought she was doing. Smoking cigarettes and playing Canasta with tons of other old ladies who were always actually very sweet to me.
“Ah, Isabella,”One of the old ladies whose name I thought was Mildred started,”You look so beautiful. Exactly like your mother did at the age of 16. How old are you, dearie?”
I put on my best fake smile and replied,”I’m turning 16 at the end of June.” It was still only the first of June, so I only had a while before my Sweet Sixteen that I knew my grandmother had been planning for years.
“Isabella,”Another old lady whose name was Mary interrupted Mildred,”how tall are you? You seem like you could be a basket ball player.”
I blushed deeply and replied,”I’m only 5’4,Mary.”
“Why,Mary,”Another old lady named Carrie said,”She only seems like a basketball player to you because you’re 5’0.” All the old ladies busted up with contagious laughter that even myself and Mary just had to join in. I turned to look to my grandmother when she tapped me on the shoulder. She actually looked very well for her age. Her skin barely had any wrinkles, and she swore that it was just her good skin but I knew that she used every single skin cream imaginable. She only had a small collection of wrinkles around her lip area because of her smoking.
“Yes,grandmother?”I asked politely.
“Do me a favor and order you and your brother some pizza tonight. The ladies and I are going out on the town,”She said with a smile that could literally light up the whole town. She always loved having her ladies night. I of course agreed and left to get my i-phone out of my room to order the pizza. On my way to my room I heard all the old ladies get up and start heading out the door to go on their night on the town. I smiled to myself at how cute it was before reaching my room and retrieving my phone off of my bed. I dialed the closest Papa Johns number and went to the bathroom that connected my brother’s room to mine. I absentmindedly took in the fact that all sound was off in his room. As if he had turned his game off and decided to play quiet mouse or something by himself. I opened the door to his room and dropped my phone at what I saw. I distantly heard the man at Papa Johns say,”Papa Johns. May I take your order?” Before I screamed.
cant wait for part 2! :)
ReplyDeletePart 2 is out now!
ReplyDeleteTHe amount of detail is awesome :).
ReplyDelete