So here's my second post :) I wouldn't call it a poem, or a story, or a rant. I'm not really sure what to call it at all, really. I guess I'm just trying to get my point across. Enjoy!
Hey, you. Watcha doing down there? I was laying stomach-down in my backyard. I hadn’t realized it before, but there were little, gross, snippety insects crawling up and over my legs. And assuming they were going to bite me or something disgusting the little vermin do. I jumped out of the grass like rabbit out of a snake hole. I leaned back down to see what exactly was squirming all over my legs. It was just a trail of ants. One trailing behind the other, all carrying small scrap of whatever food they could possibly find in their forest. There were two ants in the back of the line, carrying one lather large scrap together. They stumbled, and they were falling behind the group. But they didn’t seem to give up. They stood by eachother. That’s what I call teamwork, and that’s what I also call Friendship. They stood by eachother when in doubt, and they made it out in the end. And if everyone were to do this, great things could happen. If only humans like us cooperated so well, and worked together. Maybe if we all weren’t so conceited in themselves and the hate they throw out, we’d all be happy together. No matter how small, or big. Whether it’s ants or elephants, or people. Whether it’s a large number of attendants, or a small gathering, we can all work together. That’s the day I realized how selfish I was being. How selfish we were all being.
But all in all, my point is pretty much to all just get a long. Bury unnecessary hate and dig out the good person that’s inside of you, no matter how deep down it may be.
I guess you could look at this in a lot of other ways. Getting different lessons and stuff out of it. What did you guys take out of this? Leave your opinions/ advice/ criticism in a comment. Thank you :)
I love this. I like the idea of team work. The detail is amazing.
ReplyDeleteMeghan