Friday, June 11, 2010

Angel- It’s a Name, Not a Lifestyle ;)

Haha hey guys! Just from looking at the posts so far, I can tell this is going to be a good fit. I seem to have something in common with each of you so far! But more on that later.


So, I suppose I should get the boring details over with first. My name, again, is Angel. And yes that is my real name. My full name is Angelia (like “Angel-leah”) and my mom named me after the Richard Marx song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsYK2JJNflg); it’s not that great, but good for a what-were-people-thinking-in-the-Eighties sort of laugh I suppose. The name is a lot to live up to, so I gave up trying. I’m being the best I can be, but at as realistic level. No one I know is an “angel”, with the one exception of possibly my niece. I feel a bit old compared to all you youngbucks J I’m 19 years old, soon to be 20 in September. I’m currently going to college, getting a degree in Business… And no, I don’t know what that means either. It will most likely be changing soon anyways. I’m always changing my mind… I work as a nanny, watching my ten month old niece. She has taught me so much, even though she’s just a baby; she can’t even talk yet, but her cute little baby smiles speak volumes. I mention her here because she will probably pop up in my posts from time to time. I spend every weekday with her, so she’s a pretty big part of my life.
Ok, so that’s pretty much all the boring back-info. Now to really tell you who I am… I’m a people person, I love meeting new people in all kinds of ways. I have more than one group of friends, and each group is the polar opposite of the next. I’m impatient in the worst way; in fact, could I be typing this any slower??? It’s something I’m working on. I tend to repeat myself. I tend to repeat myself. I keep my appearance neat and tidy, but my room is a disaster. I’m really really short; my 5’1” does not make it easy to reach any high shelves. But people tell me I make up for my small stature with my big personality, haha. I can be loud and obnoxious, and I like pushing buttons. I’m a huge nerd, and I wear it like a badge of honor. I love anime, and attend anime conventions in costume. Yeah, that big of a nerd. But it’s all good; I’ve met some of my best friends that way.
I can relate to each of you in several ways. Right now I’m also in the process of figuring myself out. It doesn’t end in the teens though; it’s a lifelong process I believe. Part of that, for me, is not submitting to any labels. Some days I dress like a hipster (check out this freakin’ awesome website by the way, I’m not quite this nerdy but I hope to someday achieve this level, haha à http://www.latfh.com/), while other days I dress like I’m going to work in an office. Still other days, I just dress to be comfy. While not having any specific style to stick to gives me freedom, it also casts a doubt on who I am, or what defines me. So I’m figuring that out too. Maybe this blog will help me (and maybe you guys too) to figure that out.
I can also relate on the topic of music. I’m about 92.7% sure I would die without music. And not the funny, “haha I would soooo dieeeee” kind of die; no, my heart would stop beating if I couldn‘t hear another beat. Ok perhaps that’s not biologically possible, but spiritually I would be mega-screwed. I love all types of music, and my tastes are ever-changing. I have a love for anything musical, whether it be singing or dancing, or playing an instrument. I was a dancer for about 8 years, but I’ve been busy with college this last year… I’ve been looking into getting back into it though, because I miss it. I did a couple years of tap and jazz, and the rest was hip-hop. I have an appreciation for all types of dance though, and I always wanted to do that. Also lyrical/contemporary dance would be fun because it fits my personality. I also play a little bit of several instruments, such as the guitar, bass, and piano. However I’m not “fluent” in any instrument, so to speak. My voice is the instrument I know best so far.

I am a spelling and grammar Nazi like none other, so I totally relate on that level. In fact, it’s kinda killing me that the title of our blog isn’t totally capitalized… (A little help, Meghan? ;) Haha) I too spell out my texts in their entirety. I used to love texting but now it feels like I’m tethered to my phone, and I hate when fifteen people ask where you are just because you don’t answer their texts right away. So frustrating…
It would appear that I need one more paragraph to fulfill one thousand words. So how shall I ramble on for the next 242 words? Well, I suppose you could say I’m hoping that although this has given you some background information on me, you will continue to get to know me through my subsequent posts. I also hope to learn more about you guys, and work together on a blog that we can all be proud of. This one’s ours, not someone else’s ;) You can find me in a whole slew of ways, including:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1361162070#!/profile.php?id=1361162070
(Just include a message telling me how I know you if you add me as a friend)
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/TiniestMonster
And my other blog, Psycho Babble: http://angel-psychobabble.blogspot.com/

I’m always willing to talk, don’t be afraid to contact me.

Until next time,
Angel
angelia_baskin@yahoo.com

3 comments:

  1. Hey Angel! I'm glad to know we have some stuff in common, like the spelling thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to meet you angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) oh dear , I don't feel like the oldest. Well, I think all of you can teach me spelling/grammer. I bet you and kayla and ruth can :)

    ReplyDelete